Author Topic: It died  (Read 6538 times)

Offline Kira

• Administrator
It died
« on: November 26, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
Where has all the chaos gone?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

care to join me in bitcoin mining? click banner and sign up.
You'll need a little bitcoin to get started though. No hardware to buy.

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
Re: It died
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:02:32 AM »
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGfTLb6RFk0[/video]

I don\'t know. I don\'t know what to say, even :/

Offline Reckless Angel

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »
I miss you guys. Miss this place.
I blame this design and the locking of the old posts (seriously, that\'s when the majority of the active users stopped posting).
\"The Universe is made of stories, not atoms\" ~ EON.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
It died
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »
I don\'t lock old posts. Other admins did, foxia and renge. Course they aren\'t paying much attention to forum these days.

As for design I always welcome feedback on improving things. Entire forum can be altered if anyone here is good at theme editing.

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 02:00:12 AM »
The phpbb forum was still the best :P

I personally have no problems with this forum, at all. The inactivity is really the only problem here.. And it\'s very hard to be active when you don\'t have active members around.

I don\'t even know what we could do about this. Just inviting people isn\'t really working it for now. Especially if I\'m the only one doing it.

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:14:58 AM »
Well look at this, looks like someone\'s sailing time has been pushed back to next year.
Ready to spam this place to hell....
but yeah forum kinda dead. No idea where everyone is? Rambo? Foxia? Renge? loli-loving Australian guy who is married, the other loli-loving Australian guy, that one guy from the UK :P

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Reckless Angel

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 05:35:38 PM »
Quote from: \"Kira\" post=2286
I don\'t lock old posts. Other admins did, foxia and renge. Course they aren\'t paying much attention to forum these days.

As for design I always welcome feedback on improving things. Entire forum can be altered if anyone here is good at theme editing.

by old posts, I meant the old phpbb posts
an yeah, I realize it was not possible to transfer the old database to the new forum-code... I\'m just pointing out that it was that moment when this forum started dying out.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »
Actually this is probably the most spam resistant setup we have ever had. Been a year now with not even a single spam bot. Where as phpbb was getting many per day.

Quote from: \"Slinkey\" post=2288
Well look at this, looks like someone\'s sailing time has been pushed back to next year.
Ready to spam this place to hell....
but yeah forum kinda dead. No idea where everyone is? Rambo? Foxia? Renge? loli-loving Australian guy who is married, the other loli-loving Australian guy, that one guy from the UK :P

Offline Rambo

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »
We lack posting whores to get the whole thing going on. I visit from time to time but I\'m too lazy to start new threads and there\'s nothing to reply to.

Offline Reckless Angel

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »
Quote from: \"Kira\" post=2290
Actually this is probably the most spam resistant setup we have ever had.

This is the most post resistant setup we\'ve ever had.
I was quite content with deleting and banning the spam and spam-bots.
(As a side note, I would not have had a problem paying for the phpbb license (if there is such a thing)).

Offline Kira

• Administrator
It died
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 09:35:41 AM »
Again, to point out, everything is themeable. If you don\'t like how it looks then make a custom theme and I will upload it.  You can rearange, re label or change graphics for any part of this website.  I will give you what you need to get started if you gota have it.  Yes, you can alter the interface to look and function just like phpbb if you want. I am not good with graphics this is why I have made many offers in the past to let someone design themes. Only reason it hasn\'t been improved is people would rather complain then try to work on it.

Say the word and I will set you up with a set of apps in portable format you can keep on a usb key, use to edit and test your themes, which you can then package and send to me to install in the website.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
actually here is a perfect example of just how much like phpbb you can make kunena..  so if you don\'t like it,  here\'s your chance to find, or create a theme you want! https://extensiontemplates.com/joomla/kunena/kprosilver.html  a clone of the default phpbb theme for kunena,  nearly completely duplicates the interface of phpbb.

Offline Foxia

• フォックス女神
  • Senpai
  • Retired Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 09:48:37 AM »
For those wondering about me, I\'ve been stuck in Skyrim. Not as much recently. That and my taste in anime is dead. There\'s literally nothing of value to new anime that makes me want to watch it. that and with hi10p, I\'ve just stopped dealing with anime altogether.

I do lurk the forums every once in awhile. And did some clean up of the anime discussion section about a month back. but that\'s about it.

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »
Well at least we know you are alive. :P
And glad that someone enjoys Skyrim as well. T_T

Now we just need to find out what is going on with the rest of the folks :P

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 02:23:52 AM »
I don\'t feel there\'s anything bad about the current theme but I can\'t help but miss the old theme. And I mean what Ayako forums had when it was still up. It just felt like it was supposed to look just like that, nothing would feel the same even though they wouldn\'t be bad in any way. Not hat white-blue-thingy phpbb forum but the one I can\'t remember the name of that looked totally awesome and was easy on the eye. If I stumble upon another forum using that I kick them in the nuts for misusing the theme. But I\'m not even sure a move back to that theme would be necessary, this works just fine and at least I\'ve gotten used to it very well.

So I won\'t complain about the theme. And I can\'t make a new theme, I know nothing about making those and I certainly don\'t have the energy to start using any effort on brainstorming and trial-and-erroring my way through something like that. That would kill me D:

I\'m just happy that people do check the forums. I will post as much as I can and make new threads but currently I\'m always busy doing something else. osu! and work (+ resting for work) keep me well busy.. Just making time for watching anime with my standard of feeling well and having the concentration to fully focus on it has proved to be very hard -__-

And Reckless, yeah, kicking them spambots in the nuts was easy enough.