Author Topic: Usagi Drop  (Read 470 times)

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
Usagi Drop
« on: October 06, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
[attachment=203]Usagi_Drop_Cover.png[/attachment]

Title:[/u]   Usagi Drop (Bunny Drop)
Genre:[/u]   Drama, Comedy, Josei
Author:[/u]   Unita Yumi
Publisher:[/u]   Shodensha (Feel Young magazine)
Original Run:[/u]   Octobar 2005 - April 2011 (56 chapters in 9 volumes)
Licensed:[/u]   Yun Press (3 volumes released as of March 2011)

Story:[/u]  
Going home for his grandfather’s funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover! The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin. In a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself! But will living with this overgrown teenager of man help Rin come out of her shell? And hang on, won’t this turn of events spell doom for Daikichi’s love life?! [from: Yun Press]

I\'ve always been a fan of stories focusing on the \"family\" concept, with all its derivatives (parenthood, brotherhood, sisterhood, childhood, etc). But it\'s been real a while since I\'ve been fascinated by such a great story. I only watched the anime as I write this post and will start the manga from where the anime left off. However, I\'m so looking forward to this.

P.S: F U ALL!!! While trying to properly write the info of this manga, wikipedia.org spoiled the ending for me from reading the freaking plot entry...

Offline Arntor

Re: Usagi Drop
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
Never use wikipedia synopsis\'. About one in five spoils it for you, quite annoying.

But yeah, have to finish it someday. I stalled reading it when the group scanlating went to IRC only

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
Well manga was good all the way to a certain point.

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 12:47:31 PM »
I took my time these past weeks and finished yesterday. Though I read starting from where the anime finished, the \"certain\" point everyone been nagging about.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tl;dr a solid 10/10 for a realistic and heartwarming story.[/color]