Author Topic: Offtopic-forum  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Arntor

Re: Offtopic-forum
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
Quote from: \"Kira\" post=226
it\'s possible it thinks all the various modules that\'s being pulled to render the page in your browser are ads and it\'s filtering some parts,  breaking the css.  I highly recommend against ad blockers as they really don\'t accomplish much on average.  instead your best bet is to edit your hosts file to block the ip of doubleclick and a few other well known ad companies,  and use a browser with a built in popup blocker like firefox or opera.  NEVER INSTALL A POPUP BLOCKER!!!!  your typical browser these days can handle that on it\'s own.  if it can\'t,  then stop using internet exploder and get a real browser. :P

so yeah,  that\'s the only thing I can come up with that would be causing your problem.

Dunno which ad-blocker syou tried but mine is working like a charm since the day I installed it. Although I understand it sometimes a hassle for webdevelopers to deal with them. Still.., I cant figure out why it only would act up on one subforum and two search-related pages (recent & my topics). Ah well

I still can use all functions of the site so it\'s no big deal, just a bit odd.

Quote from: \"Kira\" post=227
also another funny thing about that image you posted...  the forum is designed to fill your browser window from end to end, resizing automatically to fit the full width of the window...  why is only part of the browser showing it?

I don\'t really know what your tring to say here, that the forum is crammed to about 800pix. width?

If so, yeah I think the problem that causes that, is reason why the shoutbox is placed beneath it (notice the buttons transformed to just (pink) textlinks

But don\'t worry I can live with it  ;)

Offline Kira

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 03:07:54 PM »
yeah it should stretch across entire browser window,  minus a small section on right for shout box and login stuff.

sample attached.
Join us on discord!
https://discord.gg/u3tBuEZ

Offline Arntor

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:04 PM »
I know, the rest of the forums looks fine. As do the the posts in the topics  :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Kira

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
finally managed to reproduce the problem.  it appears to only happen when you are logged out.  very strange and confusing.  I\'ll keep working on it.  I\'ve narrowed down the problem to the joomla template and not the forum one.  I\'ve also ruled out all the side modules like the shout box,  hopefully I can find a solution soon.
Join us on discord!

Offline Madman

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 03:47:04 AM »
Still get this message every time I log in appearing at top of forum page Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/bstone108/fantasyhaven.net/plugins/authentication/jfusion/jfusion.php on line 247
anyone know what it is?

Could you say no to them?

Offline Kira

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 07:30:11 AM »
Keep reading, I already posted a bug message about it. Its just as the warning says, an old unneeded function in jfusion that has not been removed by the developers yet.  Ignore it.
Join us on discord!

Offline Arntor

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 10:00:52 AM »
Btw. when I was bored and I tried to run the site using the compatibility mode in IE9 it showed correctly strangely enough
Perhaps it gives a clue whta causing it

Offline Kira

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
what\'s causing it....  lets see...  um....   ie9 DOES NOT FOLLOW THE WEB STANDARDS!!!   microshit wants to redesign the web to be windows friendly only.  screw them,  use firefox or opera
Join us on discord!

Offline Arntor

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »
Blahblah

As I mentioned before I use FF. I only mentioned it because it might give a clue