Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Vendena

• Master of the Void
  • Senpai
  • Rule Breaker
    • MyAnimeList
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »
I only played that Diablo game that was available for Playstation, I think it was the first one, with a friend. I remember that we used to waste a lot of time playing it. I really tried to enjoy the second game, but I didn\'t had the internet required for cooperative play by that time... so it sucked.

Not interested in Diablo 3, but I\'m sure there are working (pirated) copies, emulators and working servers somewhere in the internet.

There\'s a tool for SC2 called StarFriend that basically emulates BNET. Great for playing in LAN if everyone at home doesn\'t own a copy of the game... I\'ll just mention that.

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 07:49:41 PM »
After playing Diablo 3.
I still stick with the same opinion.
All though I do realize I have some errors in the first post. Mainly potions.
But as that I am still not very pleased with the game. :)

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »
So... The game has been updated in quite the big ways. Auction House is going down, updates on skills and such have happened I hear. Difficulty system is renewed, loot is actually decent now. Actually felt ok playing it now. Felt a lot more actiony hack & slash which I like for it. It's not a slow progress rpg game in any way, never was. Good, good, good.

But why the freak did it have to take this long! ;__;

My copy of the game had been collecting virtual dust for almost a year before it was worth it to take another look at it after those 2 fine but not amazing playthroughs of it. If anyone was 50/50 on getting this game, just know that it's been made better. Big mistakes have been corrected well.

Offline Rahlon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 06:51:48 AM »
would you say the changes have improved it? I've not touched it since my first play through at launch.

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 01:29:46 AM »
Yes. The new loot system makes it interesting to play as you get better loot that's more suitable for you. Still a lot of stuff for selling or salvaging at the blacksmith, but I have gotten so many interesting things so far..

And from what I heard from some other players of this game who are more into it than I am, it makes for a good reason to change your active skills that you're using in combat and as such changes your gameplay style whenever you get some new loot that you just have to put on. When they don't fit your current style of beating them monsters and the skills you are using, you make a skill and fight strategy and you'll use until something changes it again. Keeps it interesting.

The difficulty system was renewed as well. I'm currently playing on Master, one below the hardest difficulty of Torment. Just means more loot and the worst enemies and combinations of them can take you down faster than you can drop a coin if you're not careful enough or have the right tactic, or indeed, stuff equipped.

I don't know much about the new DLC or whatever, Reaper of Souls. The current level cap for the main game is still 60, there's skills and such that are only available at 61 and above which is kind of pissing me off as I see the 61 skill in my skill tree but can never unlock it without money :(

There's a new system called Paragon for making your character stronger even after you've hit the level cap. It's a simple system that works just like exp and levels but instead you put them on small boosts to your stats, speed, attack speed, damage or some other things. I don't think there's a cap for Paragon but I'm not 100% sure. It's a bit bleh, but at least I get something after hitting my cap. Just a shame I can't access the magnificent new loot that one could get in Reaper of Souls.

So yeah, it's been worth it to play it again with some friends. It's still not perfect, nor the best game of its kind to me personally, but at least they corrected the game more towards what IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN when it was initially released. For that I am thankful and think they deserve my third playthrough.