Author Topic: Dishonored  (Read 717 times)

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
Dishonored
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:03:36 PM »
[attachment=368]dishonored.jpg[/attachment]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dishonored_(video_game)
https://www.dishonored.com/

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]zcSc4uBc3nQ[/video]

Set in the fictional industrial city of Dunwall, modeled after Victorian London, Dishonored follows Corvo Attano, a legendary bodyguard to the Empress who is framed for her murder and forced to become an assassin to seek revenge on those who conspired against him. Attano is aided in his quest by the Outsider, a powerful being who imbues him with magical abilities. Several actors provide voice work for the game, including Susan Sarandon, Brad Dourif, Carrie Fisher, and Chloƫ Grace Moretz.

The game is played from a first-person perspective and allows the player to tackle a series of assassination missions in a variety of ways, with an emphasis on player choice. Missions can be tackled by stealth, combat or a combination of both. Exploring levels opens new paths and alternatives for accomplishing mission goals, and it is possible to complete all missions and eliminate all of Attano\'s targets in a non-lethal manner. The story and missions are modified based on violent actions, or lack thereof, committed by the player. Magical abilities and equipment are designed to be combined to create new and varied effects.

I had been excited about this game for a long time before it came out. Also made sure to pre-order it. Now I\'ve played it for some 5 hours, progressing quite slow too. I\'ve heard it\'s a pretty short game, but so far everything seems just fine. It\'s a bit hard in a weird way now and then.. the guards have some kind of supernatural senses and me just being awful, but I\'ve had so much fun already.

Plus, the open nature of how you can deal with the missions is fascinating and well done. Story also has been interesting. Books all over the place that I just have to read :D

So far so good. Let\'s see if it keeps its cool until the end.

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
Re: Dishonored
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »
Worth a play or even two. Recommended for everyone who might be interested in sneaking and assassination. You don\'t even need to assassinate everyone, there\'s ways to eliminate each target in a relatively safe manner.

I say it might be worth two playthroughs because of its chaos system. Whether you kill people, leave their bodies around and such, this all affects your overall chaos and the game is a little bit different in low and high chaos. Slight changes in dialogue and events. Slight, but interesting and definitely worth the try.

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
I thought it was a good game, a very good game. But for the time they had to develop it. I am quite disappointed.
It was not a massive improvement over Dark Messiah interactive wise. Could have been much more, than just rather repetitive backstabs and such.

But story wise I would give it above average rating.
Good for many playthroughs as well.

IMO some of the achievements are worth trying to get, such as no alarm, no upgrades and such.

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 07:28:06 AM »
Playing it as ghostly as possible is so much fun :D

Come to think of it, the game world and lore were so huge they could easily make more games based there. I actually wish they do. So much interesting stuff to read and learn about.