Author Topic: K  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
K
« on: October 20, 2012, 11:23:43 AM »
[attachment=373]42617l.jpg[/attachment]

Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we\'re familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings.

Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.

MAL

Now THIS is a weird one. With the two episodes I\'ve found this quite funny and interesting, but can\'t really grasp any of it yet.

The robot thingies  going \"Show some respect!\" and \"You\'re too kind!\" fascinate me. I don\'t know what they\'re called but I shall call them awesomebots from now on :D

Offline Rambo

Re: K
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »
I think that \"Humanity has declined\" has similar robots.
K is one of those anime you watch to learn what\'s going on exactly. I think this way of storytelling makes it more interesting than explaining all the plot in the first ep. When the story stops surprising you, you just wait for the end.

Offline Arntor

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »
Nah, I dropped this. Style over substance, and not a style I particularly like

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »
This one became a bit more \"normal\" later on. But I have to tell you it\'s one of my favourites of whatever I\'ve watched recently. A little bit weird but it\'s funny at times and has a nice enough story to be, at least to me, interesting enough :)

Also, those cleaning robots were awesome. I shall call them awesomebots from now on. And
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Phazonreaver

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
Honestly it felt like... A manga that has no new untranslated chapters after an arch ended. Though a second season was announced so I hope there will be more light shed on the whole story.

So it is worth it, but the only parts worth actually are the 3 episodes till the end.