Author Topic: It died  (Read 9196 times)

Offline Soveilion

Re: It died
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 04:32:22 AM »
Shameless Necro Post ^^

I see a lot of people metioning that they miss the old forum theme, as far as i can recall the Ayako original phpbb theme, were AcidTech Blue (though i think i personally used the purple version.)

Now before i go any further i would like to point out the following:
  • I have NO programming knowledge
  • I have no experience making themes
  • I am pretty sure the theme itself is not compatible with joomla/kunena
With this said, if there is a "even a idiot such as myself can do it" way to do, gimme a link or w/e and i will see what i can do.... WITH THAT SAID!

I think the main reasons for the forum decaying were a happenstance of coincidences close together:

• The irish/renge incident
  • A low activity period
  • First move of the Ayako forums
  • Good game quarter
  • Meh anime quarter
  • (tied to the above) I think this were around the "writer's strike" in Japan?
  • Confusion around the above

Though my reason Personally is different, i can't help but wonder if all of the above were the first tsunami if you will to hit the community. I also happen to remember using quite a while to find FantasyHaven back in 2011 as i *might* have began on the search words "Ayako fansubs forum" to no avail in the beginning.

Also, also: Arguably I felt more... "at home" in the old forums simply because i had been using it for such a long time, and with the layout changes and moves that ended up happening, we might've had a: "new house syndrome", also around...

~Soveilion
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:38:37 AM by Soveilion »

If the wordplay \"Curiosity Killed the Cat\" were true id be long dead by now

Offline Phazonreaver

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2016, 10:35:24 AM »
*pokes the corpse*

What a weird feeling to visit a home that was long abandoned, but still there's someone who comes and wipes the dust.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »
The reason for the forummove is phpbb is too vulnerable to exploits that let spam bots in
Join us on discord!
https://discord.gg/u3tBuEZ