Author Topic: Keyboards  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
Keyboards
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »
What kind of keyboards are people using? Anything specific you like or dislike about them, any bad buys or keyboards that just won't let you down even if you stabbed them?

Having tested a few mechanical keyboards now, I am so happy to report that they are so worth the money. I definitely don't look back from this.

Currently using a Ducky Shine4 with Cherry MX Brown switches, my first backlit keyboard with multiple colors to be chosen from too. Makes for a cool show, hehe. A very solid feeling keyboard with some function keys for calculator, email and such. Others have been some CM Storm QuickFire Pro with Cherry MX red switches which was lovely. And a Rosewill keyboard with brown switches, don't remember the model of it though.. ;__;

Now I have also tested the Cherry MX Black switches on a Steelseries 6gv2 which I was very happy with, especially playing osu! because for some reason I like switches with heavier actuation force for a clicky little rhythm game.

My first mechanical keyboard was an old Razer Blackwidow with Cherry MX Blue switches. Was great, I loved it! But soon the keys I used for osu! started to feel.. weak. They just didn't feel right when played with. They worked fine, but I noticed a certain difference when I played with those two keys instead of any others, just wasn't a consistent play with them, which is necessary for such a game.

The differences of these switches is quite big too. Browns and blues are tactile, they have a bump on the middle pressing the key down and that's also where the key is activated and press registers. Reds and blacks are linear, they don't have this bump. Browns and reds are the lightest to press, they need the lowest actuation force needed, which blue was somewhere in the middle of them and blacks, which are heavier. This difference in actuation force is very noticeable. Blues are very, very loud too, the rest of them less so but if noise is really a factor in buying a keyboard, one can buy some o rings and put them on the keys to make them quieter. Browns, for example, with o rings are pretty much noiseless. That, and these switches can take a lot of use before going bad.

So good for all uses considered <3 Typing, gaming, even the rhythm games~

Offline Madman

Re: Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:17:30 AM »
OMG we've fallen to discussing keyboards???  What happened to Loli and Hentai ???? lol

Could you say no to them?

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:57:56 PM »
You know, I hope there was a service that sold keyboards with images imprinted on the keycaps so you could have your hentai and loli on the keyboard itself!

Offline Madman

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 05:16:46 AM »
lol that would work. Well i think we are the only ones left, so we will have to discuss it among ourselves....

Could you say no to them?

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 07:19:40 AM »
All seriousness...
I've got too many keyboards.
Ducky Shine Snake, Ducky Shine tuhaojin, Logitech G710+, Razer Blackwidow 2014

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Vendena

• Master of the Void
  • Senpai
  • Rule Breaker
    • MyAnimeList
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:32:18 AM »
I'm using this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:V It works.

Offline Aistad

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
I just switched to a mechanical cherry red keyboard. It's amazing. I'll have to update later on the pics of said mouse and keyboard.