Author Topic: Another  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Arntor

Another
« on: January 12, 2012, 04:30:36 AM »

Quote from: AniDb.net
* Based on a horror/mystery novel by Ayatsuji Yukito, originally serialised in the Yasei Jidai magazine.

26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Misaki Mei who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

Awesome creepy atmosphere complimented by the depressed background using dirty colours.
Teasing with the some information of what going on but no real information is given. I go on a limb here and say this is gonna be probably more psychological horror than splatter kind. Just how I like it

Offline Slinkey

Re: Another
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »
This horror anime I am actually looking forward to in the upcoming episodes.
I also thought this is something more psychological than bloody murders and whatnot.

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Arntor

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 05:24:48 AM »
And why you can\'t have both? Hahaha  :)

Pretty gruesome deaths and the series still manages to intrigue me more in whats going on than who\'s going to die next

Offline Rambo

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
After 5 episodes I must say that I really lkie this show, they way they are telling the storry and those dolls cuts. Also Mei VA is doing her job. You can\'t have a good horror without killing likable characters. Who do you think is going to be next? I know who isn\'t. That secial countermeasures officer will play an important role later so they can\'t kill her yet.

Offline Arntor

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 05:27:32 AM »
They don\'t give a lot of clues, do they? although this weeks (ep.4) was kind of obvious the speed in which it happened still surprised me. Even de ED doesn\'t hold any clues as the first girl actually is in it amongst the \'gang\'. Unless they\'re planning to bring her back of course

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »
The most interesting show this season, without a doubt. I was expecting someone dying, but the first one was still a bit of a surprise. Or maybe I was just tired. I don\'t know, kept staring at the screen for a minute after the episode ended just wondering what the heck just happened.

Got the brain tingling and all for good reasons. Good job, so far :)

Offline Arntor

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »
Wow, that opening scene was quite something

Offline Rambo

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
Misaki\'s face when her hand was getting raped by a sqid was wonderful. I wish she had shown more skin. [spoiler]I don\'t understand how come someone has died. They should\'ve been outside the curse zone and it didn\'t look like an accident.
I think that what broken the curse years ago was a death of an extra which happened accidentally.[/spoiler]

Offline Arntor

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:24 AM »
[spoiler]Not everything that has been said about the curse has to be true  ;)
 It seems to me that any progress Kouchi makes towards unraveling/solving) the curse has to be paid in blood for some reason. I just don\'t know why. But it certainly has a connection with his parents (fathers weird phonecalls are just too suspicious)[/spoiler]

Interesting

Offline Rambo

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 06:12:25 PM »
Smoking kills. This show proves it.

My (very unlikely) this week\'s specullah:[spoiler]
When you pray at the shrine the extra is killed and IT stops. The girl who fell from the cliff died by an accident.[/spoiler]

Offline Phazonreaver

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
There is a manga for those who want to understand. It is simpler than it looks. The story...

Offline Arntor

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 03:03:09 AM »
You don\'t really understand why people watch such animes as this one, do you?
Speculation is half of the fun

Even if the story is as simple as you say, the production team have done an amazing job in keeping this interesting

Offline Rambo

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
I was pretty much right  B)
[spoiler]The extra died by accident and IT stopped.[/spoiler]
Misaki was so sexy in this episode.
[spoiler]Especially when she was inviting him.[/spoiler]My heterochromia fetish is growing with each episode.

Offline Rambo

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »
Shit just got real. [spoiler]It\'s truned into Battle Royale x Final Destination, and it\'s great.[/spoiler]

Offline Arntor

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 02:37:27 AM »
Haha, I expected something like this since the heard the tape, but the sheer madness still surprised me  :)