Author Topic: Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)  (Read 831 times)

Offline Arntor

Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:30:47 AM »
[attachment=340]80910.jpg[/attachment]

Quote from: AniDb.net
* Based on a seinen manga by Koyama Chuuya, serialised in Weekly Morning.

In the year 2006 the kid brothers Mutta and Hibito, on a nightly hunt for animal sounds in the local woods, unexpectedly see a blazingly bright rotating flying object in the sky, right above their home town. After a short moment the UFO accelerates towards the surface of the Moon. Witnessing this, the two youngsters vow to become astronauts and some day travel into space.

Now in 2025 younger brother Hibito, as the first Japanese, made it into the NASA team that will set foot on the Moon again. Mutta, on the other hand, defending his brothers honour, gets fired from his car designer job. The older of the two brothers has not forgotten about their dream from back then though... and on a fateful day his life changes.

A story with some drama but for the main part is a produced to feel good. We see Mutta struggle to make something of his life after falling down for (more or less) noble reasons. He takes on his old dream and aims for the stars, or Mars in this case.
I\'ve got the feeling that this primairly aimed at women plotwise but nevertheless will have some entertainment in terms of space technology etc.

Offline Phazonreaver

Re: Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 07:50:59 PM »
Very satisfied with this one. I wonder who it will end.

Offline Arntor

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 03:51:02 AM »
Somehow I find the way how they animated the elderly folks in this series, quite scary

About the show: I find the space stuff quite interesting otherwise I would probably have dropped it already. Plotwise the series is faily poorly written

Offline Rambo

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »
The story is moving very slowly but it\'s still entertaining. I understand that for some it may seem boring.

Offline Arntor

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:21:04 AM »
Nah not that, it\'s just that what many call \"heartwarming\" I find rather cliched and a bit nauseous