Author Topic: Usagi Drop  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Sousti

• Wolf maid~
  • Administrator
Re: Usagi Drop
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 08:59:28 PM »
Quote from: \"Rambo\" post=1006
If you liked it that much you should try Aishiteruze Baby. Pretty much the same with one difference: guardian is a high schooler.

That\'s a good recommendation, watched it a bit after it ended. Well worth watching :)

Offline ANIKI

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 01:59:01 AM »
I already have watched Aishiteru Ze Baby, wish they had continued as the manga goes on from where the anime left off {=_=\"}
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.

My DeviantArt | My AniDB List

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 05:31:21 AM »
I have three words to say; beautiful beautiful beautiful.

This will easily make its way to my top 10 list without a doubt. All what\'s left for me is to continue the story in the manga. Although many complained about the time leap in the manga. For me, what got me attracted into this was not solely Rin, it was Daikichi. Unlike lots of drama male leads, he felt human. Acting all cool and composed at times, while throwing fits of rage and panic at times.

And unlike aishiteru (which I\'ve seen the anime and bought all the manga ^_^), Usagi Drop focused mainly on the concept of parenthood. Of how normal people with their busy lives and goals turn 180 degrees into parents. Something that CLANNAD, partially pointed out as well.

Most stories of this situation tend to focus on the struggle between the guardian and the ditching mother. Which usually end in the mother sorrowfully regretting her mistake and taking back her child. However, I\'m still curious on how the manga continued the story AND hoping for a surprisingly good ending.

And finally, Daikichi is so gar I\'d marry slinkey if he had his face!

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »
Don\'t think you are anything special, because I wouldn\'t marry you even if I had his face. :P

Has anyone actually read the manga?

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 11:19:25 AM »
You\'d have no saying in it Slinkey, I\'d marry and rape you whether you liked it or not XD

And I just finished setting up the manga on my ipad. Going to start reading from vol 5 soon. From where the anime ended. Looking forward to it.

But I seriously hope for a 2nd season. This has great potential, and I bet it got high ranking in Japan as well. However, it\'s all in the hands of the DVD/BD sales now >.<;

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »
I will say it again, I hope there is no 2nd season and I hope they won\'t follow the manga. I was very disappointed. :(

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Arntor

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 02:37:52 PM »
noitemina doesn\'t do second seasons (and you\'re gay for dissing the manga nut that\'s another matter)