Author Topic: Autumn Season 2011  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Arntor

Autumn Season 2011
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »

I\'ll just leave this here

Offline Ecchi_taichou

Re: Autumn Season 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
The list of POSSIBLY decent things to wacth next season is relatively small... i will sooner set myself on fire than watch one of the shitty titles:
5 of them are over used scenarios (and by over used i mean with the exact content repeated for the 50,000th time and should be sealed forever in a fucking volcano)
6 are for kids under 15
atleast 1 will be pure fan service (a.k.a  just alot of white/black crap invading your screen)
6 of the remaining that are NOT sequels/prequels are a possible pass
and the sequels/prequels are just your own choice

Offline Arntor

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »
Yeah, I didn\'t want to start the topic hitting of with a negative impression from me.
Yet it doesn\'t seem all that worthwhile.
Two animes based on toys, two retellings...
I mean, have they lost all creativity?

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:15:22 PM »
The one I\'ve been anticipating ever since they were announced are Fate/Zero, Mirai Nikki, Persona 4, and Maji de watashi ni koi shinasai. Aside from those, only Kimi to Boku, Last Exile, Boku wa tomodachi gasukunai, and Tamayura look interesting for the new titles. Although, Kyoukai senjou no horizon kinda interests me since it reminds me of Armored Core: 4 Answer. The storyline part that is.

But for sequels, we got some nice ones. Working and Shana are a must watch for me.

But of course, I advice everyone to follow my footsteps. Don\'t watch anything this season:
1) Wait until all the DVDs/BDs are out.
2) Look for a decent HQ release with QUALITY subs to get the best viewing experience.
3) ????
4) Profit!

Offline Foxia

• フォックス女神
  • Senpai
  • Retired Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:05:40 PM »
Only ones to me worth watching are:

Hunter X Hunter (like the manga, didnt care for the first anime series.)
Fate/Zero
Lupin III

and for Sequels:
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume

Possibly (needs judgement of first episode):
Busou Shinki Moon Angel
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Mobile Suit Gundam Age
Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing
Un-Go
Kimi to Boku
Tamayura ~Hitotose~

Offline Vendena

• Master of the Void
  • Senpai
  • Rule Breaker
    • MyAnimeList
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
Fate, Majikoi and Tomodachi... :F and some OVAs.

And other stuff, of course.

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 02:24:17 AM »
Lots to watch .......... again.

[size=85]???????!! ???????!![/size]

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
Re: Re: Autumn Season 2011
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 04:31:24 AM »
Quote from: \"Li_ThE_SpYkE\" post=751
Trust me, no one has more anime on their To-watch list than me. I seriously need to catch up >_<

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

Re: Re: Autumn Season 2011
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 04:25:06 AM »
Quote from: \"Rengemaru\" post=753
Quote from: \"Li_ThE_SpYkE\" post=751

Trust me, no one has more anime on their To-watch list than me. I seriously need to catch up >_<

That\'s true, after all I\'ve been watching since I was a kid so I don\'t really have any to catch up. What I meant was I got loads that I\'d watch this fall, well at least 21 new series this coming season.

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »
Yeah, same here. Many of the shows I don\'t show interest about them end up being watched later for no reason.

I juat pray that the sequels live to their expectations.

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 03:55:56 AM »
I just hope AGE wouldn\'t turn out to be a shit that makes a dent on the franchise. SEED Destiny was shit enough.

Offline Foxia

• フォックス女神
  • Senpai
  • Retired Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 06:01:49 AM »
I dunno, the promotional video gave me an orgasm.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11DecXqdN7o[/video]

It feels like it\'s borrowing elements from all across the older gundam series. And combining them to make something good.  It has me excited, since I love the older gundam series that were all done by hand on cells.

Also, love the Cameo Haro gets. Gundam universe always needed more Haro.

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 06:10:45 AM »
Quote from: \"Foxia\" post=759
I dunno, the promotional video gave me an orgasm.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11DecXqdN7o[/video]

It feels like it\'s borrowing elements from all across the older gundam series. And combining them to make something good.  It has me excited, since I love the older gundam series that were all done by hand on cells.

Also, love the Cameo Haro gets. Gundam universe always needed more Haro.

It IS borring elements from past gundam series. Uso\'s parents died brining him V2, shit went down for Kira when Coordinators invaded Heliopolis. Banagher\'s dad bit the dust just after he gave him UC. etc etc too many references. The only thing that\'s new currently is the AGE and shit but that feels like it\'s taken from Sunrise\'s other mecha series. So I hope it\'s at least going to live up to the name gundam. Cuz it\'ll be a catastrophe again if it ends up like SEED Destiny.

Also, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere <3

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
Hm... strangely... not many come within my interest...

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Foxia

• フォックス女神
  • Senpai
  • Retired Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
Quote from: \"Li_ThE_SpYkE\" post=760

It IS borring elements from past gundam series. Uso\'s parents died brining him V2, shit went down for Kira when Coordinators invaded Heliopolis. Banagher\'s dad bit the dust just after he gave him UC. etc etc too many references. The only thing that\'s new currently is the AGE and shit but that feels like it\'s taken from Sunrise\'s other mecha series. So I hope it\'s at least going to live up to the name gundam. Cuz it\'ll be a catastrophe again if it ends up like SEED Destiny.

Also, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere <3

Don\'t give me that crap Li, The same could be said about the first Gundam Series with Amuro Ray and how he got the gundam. That\'s just natural part of Gundam in itself.

I\'m more referring to the art style and how it\'s a combination of different Era\'s. Some characters have an outright 1970\'s japanese cartoon style (way some characters were designed in the original.) where as others are more modeled after late 80\'s Z Gundam through 90\'s  ? Gundam characters. Instead of the cookie cutter characters and Wing\'s pretty boy characters.

The Colonies in there actually look like Sides from the UC era. The Federation cross and shield is on one of the military guys hats, so makes me wonder if AGE is based in the UC era at all. Probably not. But maybe.

The Gundam where I should say, almost all gundams base themselves fromt the original, this one being very close to the original with slight modifications, (nothing to fancy like in Seed, 00, Wing, X, ?, etc etc.) It\'s touching upon something I\'ve wondered if gunam would ever do, and that is introduce interchangable parts for certain enviornments. I know it\'s been touched on in other series, but it never seemed they\'d go the full extent like what I\'m seeing with this series.

If it mixes things in from other Sunrise series, I don\'t see that as a total bad thing. I mean Gundam needs to push itself away from the crap series it\'s tied itself too, Seed and 00. Which are all about selling toys. Not about the story. which this has pretty much become what Sunrise is today. They don\'t have Yoshiyuki Tomino at the helm anymore haven\'t since after ? Gundam.  Hopefully after getting the crap out of there system. they\'ll actually deliver something good with AGE. Which is what i\'m hoping for right now.

EDIT:
Going over it a bit more doesn\'t take place in the UC era, oh well to bad, would have been fun there.  It seems to borrow more elements from ? Gundam more so than other gundam series. which that will be interesting to see how it plays out.