Author Topic: Autumn Season 2011  (Read 8242 times)

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
Re: Autumn Season 2011
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »
Little boy gundam, huh... Looks delicious!

Joking aside. I agree with Foxia for once. Unlike the recent gundams, this one looks like it is borrowing elements from the old ones. Which is a good thing considering the recent gundams were crap (except for SEED since it had some really hot guys).

But as usual, the anime studios never failed to fuck us in the back all of a sudden. It could have a great start but in the middle or near the end, it\'ll become shitty...

I just say wait and see.

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
Quote from: \"Foxia\" post=763
Quote from: \"Li_ThE_SpYkE\" post=760

It IS borring elements from past gundam series. Uso\'s parents died brining him V2, shit went down for Kira when Coordinators invaded Heliopolis. Banagher\'s dad bit the dust just after he gave him UC. etc etc too many references. The only thing that\'s new currently is the AGE and shit but that feels like it\'s taken from Sunrise\'s other mecha series. So I hope it\'s at least going to live up to the name gundam. Cuz it\'ll be a catastrophe again if it ends up like SEED Destiny.

Also, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere <3

Don\'t give me that crap Li, The same could be said about the first Gundam Series with Amuro Ray and how he got the gundam. That\'s just natural part of Gundam in itself.

I\'m more referring to the art style and how it\'s a combination of different Era\'s. Some characters have an outright 1970\'s japanese cartoon style (way some characters were designed in the original.) where as others are more modeled after late 80\'s Z Gundam through 90\'s  ? Gundam characters. Instead of the cookie cutter characters and Wing\'s pretty boy characters.

The Colonies in there actually look like Sides from the UC era. The Federation cross and shield is on one of the military guys hats, so makes me wonder if AGE is based in the UC era at all. Probably not. But maybe.

The Gundam where I should say, almost all gundams base themselves fromt the original, this one being very close to the original with slight modifications, (nothing to fancy like in Seed, 00, Wing, X, ?, etc etc.) It\'s touching upon something I\'ve wondered if gunam would ever do, and that is introduce interchangable parts for certain enviornments. I know it\'s been touched on in other series, but it never seemed they\'d go the full extent like what I\'m seeing with this series.

If it mixes things in from other Sunrise series, I don\'t see that as a total bad thing. I mean Gundam needs to push itself away from the crap series it\'s tied itself too, Seed and 00. Which are all about selling toys. Not about the story. which this has pretty much become what Sunrise is today. They don\'t have Yoshiyuki Tomino at the helm anymore haven\'t since after ? Gundam.  Hopefully after getting the crap out of there system. they\'ll actually deliver something good with AGE. Which is what i\'m hoping for right now.

EDIT:
Going over it a bit more doesn\'t take place in the UC era, oh well to bad, would have been fun there.  It seems to borrow more elements from ? Gundam more so than other gundam series. which that will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I don\'t care about the settings that much, as long they don\'t copy the plot as well cuz it\'ll be like watching the same series but with different characters and mechas. Most of the fans didn\'t fancy 00 S2 because it\'s obviously borrowing the plot from Zeta Gundam. SEED Destiny obviously borrowed plots from various older series while SEED pretty much half the time is another 0079. Not saying I hate AGE or anything since I haven\'t watched it yet, but the previews hasn\'t impressed me one bit and it\'s telling me it\'s gonna be like another V Gundam except it\'s 3 generations long, but I am hoping that the series would be better than just the previews shown. Oh and the \"Sides\" ARE colonies of 0079.

[size=85]???????!! ???????!![/size]

Offline Renge丸

• Rosa Gallica
  • Global Moderator
  • Ayako's Onee-sama
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 12:37:34 AM »
ANN just announced that Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari will be voicing the Sawagi Kyou twin sisters in the upcoming Bentou series (notice that their names are pronounced the same but with different kanjies). I know the story might be crappy and all but I\'m sold. Just like with Kampfer, just watch it for the voice acting XD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline ANIKI

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »
I also hope it is not another SEED Destiny flop is all, was not too impressed with 00, was a good watch though, look forward to this AGE and hope it brings goodness to our Gundam cravings. A few series on the list I look forward to, especially Working season 2  :kiss:
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.

My DeviantArt | My AniDB List

Offline Ecchi_taichou

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 05:10:48 AM »
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai OVA reminds me of 2G1C minus the scat

Offline Arntor

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 06:14:10 AM »
Quote from: \"Ecchi_taichou\" post=876
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai OVA reminds me of 2G1C minus the scat

Only difference is that I got why people were talking so much about 2G1C

This..not so much

Offline Rambo

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 10:24:47 AM »
My season\'s best to worse:
Fate/zero[spoiler] (dat Sakura)[/spoiler]
Bokutomo [spoiler](dat Meet)[/spoiler]
Horizon [spoiler](dat flat Honda)[/spoiler]
Working!! [spoiler](dat Yamada)[/spoiler]
Guilty Crown [spoiler](dat Inori)[/spoiler]
Bakuman2
Chihayafuru
Ben-to
C3
Kimi to Boku
Maken-ki
Majikoi

I haven\'t seen Shana F or Mashiro, so they\'re not on the list. What are your best?

Offline Slinkey

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 06:07:55 PM »
Watch Mashiro for that awesome cute creature :D

Everyone loves a Slinkey! <3
I love Waffles! <3

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »
Guilty Crown was good, but I sense a seasonal show.

Offline Arntor

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
Seasonal? As is \'just one season\' or \'good only compared to the other shows this season\'?

And Rambo, I haven\'t seen everything yet. But I have a couple of empty days coming up so I can catch up with the shows and compile a list

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 01:01:32 AM »
Quote from: \"Arntor\" post=1136
Seasonal? As is \'just one season\' or \'good only compared to the other shows this season\'?

And Rambo, I haven\'t seen everything yet. But I have a couple of empty days coming up so I can catch up with the shows and compile a list

Just 1 season of 11-13 eps.

Offline Ecchi_taichou

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »
MAL and FS WIKI have it listed as 22 but ANN has it listed as 11 only,  i guess we wait and see? But normally FS WIKI is right

Offline Li_ThE_SpYkE

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
Quote from: \"Ecchi_taichou\" post=1147
MAL and FS WIKI have it listed as 22 but ANN has it listed as 11 only,  i guess we wait and see? But normally FS WIKI is right

Well, BRS TV is listed after Un-Go\'s time slot and no other show\'s been announced for Noitamina so I guess it\'s safe to say it\'ll be 22, personally I hope it IS 22. Shit\'s too awesome to stay as 11.

Offline Arntor

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:51 AM »
Well, this post somewhat later than I thought but nevertheless: I\'ve seen what I wanted to check out.
For most series I\'ve watched about 3 epsiodes. Should be enough.

Love:
- Fate/Zero (they\'ve done it)
- Working 2 (started a bit slow (preair) but soon went ok again)
- Guilty Crown (remninds me a bit of CG somehow. nothing really difficult but awesome nonetheless)

Like:
- C3 (some mindless horror/bloodshed, nice)
- Chihayafuru (somehow reminds me of Itazura na Kiss)
- Shana 3 (nothing really happened yet but still I\'ve got the feeling this will be good, at least better than s2)
- Ben-to (thought it would be something like Aki-kan, yet pleasantly surprised)
- Un-Go (detective/mystery series are my weak point)

Decent:
- Kimi to Boku (about as realistic as banana-submarines but nonetheless fun to watch)
- Mashiro iro Symphony (old fashioned romance/harem, I a sucka for that)
- Mirai Nikki (might still get better)
- Boku wa Tomodachi (one-size-fits-all humor)

Dropped:
- Horizon (traincrash)
- Phi Brain (too bad they went for shounen instead of puzzles)
- Majikoi (too generic)

Offline Rambo

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 11:57:02 AM »
Quote from: \"Arntor\" post=1172

Dropped:
- Horizon (traincrash)

Why? It will get better next ep. Every ep. It\'s fun to wait.